COVID-19 Latest Information for Travellers
HEDONISTIC HIKING: COVID-19 LATEST INFORMATION FOR TRAVELLERS
Last updated: 2 April 2020
For our guests who have booked a tour with us in 2020 we appreciate you will have questions about the impact COVID-19 will have on your tour. We have compiled this information to help you.
The safety of our guests and the Hedonistic Hiking team is our utmost priority. We are constantly monitoring safety updates and government advice. However, please bear in mind that it is a continually evolving situation and whilst we endeavour to update this information swiftly we will do so once we have precise information to impart. In light of the current situation balance payments will not be due until 6 weeks prior to departure, at which time we will contact you with updated information regarding your tour.
On 9 March 2020, the Italian authorities extended the area of isolation to the entire country. The measures are being continuously monitored. As of w/c 17 March 2020 the EU and many other countries have closed borders.
Any decision we make as to whether to operate a tour, cancel it or make changes to the itinerary will be in the interest of the safety and security of our guests. We follow the advice of the Australian Government and strongly recommend guests sign up for email alerts from their government travel advice for the countries they are visiting/transiting through. As of March 30 we have formally cancelled the first six tours of the season and we will continue to monitor this as the situation evolves.
For Australia: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au
For the United Kingdom: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
World Health Organisation Travel Advice: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/travel-advice
Updates to our Booking Terms & Conditions
As a result of the uncertainty surrounding international travel, we have amended our Booking Terms & Conditions Policy to make it easier for our guests to change their plans if they feel the need to do so. We hope this increased flexibility will encourage our guests to keep travelling even if they may need to postpone plans to a future date. Our local partners in Italy have been extremely impacted by recent events and we are committed to supporting them as much as possible.
These new cancellation policies below will apply for all new and existing bookings until further notice.
Cancellation by us
We will make a decision about the viability of each tour 31 days before the tour departure date and contact all guests to inform them if we have to cancel the tour. If the situation deteriorates and government advice forces us to cancel after that time we will inform you immediately.
If we cancel your trip booking, you can choose to:
* Transfer amounts you have already paid to another tour departing before 31 December 2021
* Receive a full refund (less credit card surcharge or bank fees if applicable and a 100 Euro administration fee, or $100 for Australian tours, per person)
Cancellation by you
* All cancellations will incur a 100 Euro administration fee per person
* If you cancel your tour booking before final payment is made, you can either transfer your deposit to an alternative tour, or Hedonistic Hiking Pty Ltd will hold what you have paid as a credit towards a tour before 31 December 2021.
* If you have paid in full and cancel at least 31 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of the trip cost and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future tour taken before 31 December 2021.
* If you have paid in full and cancel at 30 days or less prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future tour taken before 31 December 2021.
Please note that the above amended conditions apply to the Hedonistic Hiking Pty Ltd portion of your trip only. Any refund is less credit card surcharges and/or bank fees where applicable. Airlines, accommodation operators and other travel providers may charge additional fees.
The 100 Euro cancellation fee allows us to continue to support our suppliers - restaurants, local shops and other small producers - when we return to Italy. Our business relies on the wonderful people we work with when we are overseas and we are committed to helping them survive this challenge in any way we can. As we did after the bushfires here in north east Victoria we will make a point of supporting the local businesses in areas where we hike when we return to Italy. We feel this small gesture is a way our wonderful guests can offer help to all the Italians who make their tours special.
Jackie and Mick Parsons