Great Ocean Walk
One of Australia's iconic hikes
This tour hikes the stunning 100 km Great Ocean Walk trail, from the quaint town of Apollo Bay to the iconic Twelve Apostles. It is the ultimate guided tour with a relaxed pace, luxury accommodation and fabulous food and wine. The hiking is wonderfully varied and includes an amazing variety of coastal environments with a diverse array of flora and fauna - towering gum trees, deserted beaches and fertile farmland. The fabulous hiking is enhanced by the compelling history of Victoria’s Shipwreck Coast. Due to popular demand we are now offering two scheduled departures.
Cost: $3,050 (Australian dollars) per person based on a twin-share
Single supplement $300*
• Two experienced and knowledgeable guides to look after your every need and bring this stunning area to life
• 2 nights in luxury bed and breakfast accommodation in Apollo Bay (Captains on the Bay)
• 3 nights in luxury cottage-style accommodation mid-trail (Southern Anchorage Retreat)
• 1 night in boutique accommodation in Port Campbell
• All meals including quality local wines
• Gourmet picnic lunches each day, snacks en route and drinks at end of each hike
• Delicious dinners in local restaurants or prepared by Mick, who is fully qualified and acts as your personal chef
• Support vehicle, enabling you to walk as little or as much of the trail as you please
• Transport to/from Melbourne in air-conditioned minibus
• Great Ocean Walk souvenir map
• Comprehensive pre-trip information.
* Depending on the make-up of the group single travellers may be required to share a bathroom, but not a bedroom.
Complete one of Australia’s iconic walks
Mick Parsons as your personal chef
Dine in Chris’s - Chef Hat restaurant near Apollo Bay
5½ days of walking
Shortest day: 9km
Hilly terrain with frequent ups and downs. Significant (up to 300m) ascents/descents. The trails are a combination of beach walks, purpose-built paths, vehicle tracks and gravel roads. Sturdy boots with good ankle support are recommended. Walking poles are an advantage, especially for the descents. There is always the opportunity to walk in half day sections if you don’t wish to walk the entire route. In order to maximize your enjoyment of your holiday we recommend you exercise regularly prior to the trip in order to build up your fitness level.