Victorian Alps and Vineyards
Hike through Outlaw country and enjoy Italian hospitality
A fantastic weekend of hiking in Victoria's Alpine National Park and its renowned King Valley wine-growing area - an easy reach from Albury or Melbourne airports and close to the Hume Highway - and this two-day gourmet hike could form part of a longer stay exploring North East Victoria. Choose where to stay from our charming selection of accommodation and enjoy great walks and fabulous lunches and dinners. Get to know the delightful Dal Zottos, one of many Italian families in the area producing exquisite Italian varietal wines.
Cost: This tour is not scheduled to run at present
Single supplement: n/a
The price does not include your accommodation. See below for more details on where to book in Whitfield.
- Two professional guides to look after your every need
- Two fully-guided full day hikes
- Free transfers to and from your accommodation in Whitfield
- Dinner on both evenings with excellent local and Italian wines
- Exceptional picnic lunches on Saturday and Sunday
- Comprehensive pre-trip information
- Experience Italian hospitality at its best
- Climb Mount Cobbler
- Meet the Dal Zotto wine-making family
There is a climb up Mount Cobbler on the first day with approx 500m of ascent/descent, on mostly gentle track with a good amount of shade.
Approx 15 km each day on well-maintained trails.
This weekend you have the choice of where to stay and you can book and pay for rooms directly with the accommodation, and here we have more details of all the places we are recommending in the area. You could of course book other hotels further afield but we would not be able to offer free transfers.
Why not take a little longer and spend some time exploring north east Victoria? We have more ideas on what to see and do in our beautiful and historic part of Australia.