Celebrate Italy in the High Country
Explore the Italian heritage of north east Victoria
This is a long weekend exploring the Italian heritage and bountiful produce of the High Country, with some beautiful hikes through the stunning autumn colours for which our home region is famous. We have an exclusive foraging experience with well-known Italian chef Patrizia Simone and she shares with us the secrets of pasta-making in a hands-on class at her home. Private tastings of Italian grape varieties at local boutique wineries are interspersed with hikes in the hills above the pretty country towns of Bright and Wandiligong which, in May, are resplendent with the reds and golds of the changing leaves. High points of the hikes on the stunning granite plateau of nearby Mount Buffalo afford spectacular views of the mountains and fertile valleys and vineyards of north-east Victoria.
As we are a small company and lead our tours personally, it is not possible to schedule all itineraries every year. At present we don't have a departure date for this tour.
Cost: $2375 per person based on two sharing
Single Supplement: $200
• Two professional guides to look after your every need
• 4 nights accommodation in a luxury Bright motel
• 3 fully-guided hikes
• Fabulous meals with excellent local and award-winning wines
• Unique foraging experience, pasta class and long lunch with Italian chef Patrizia Simone
• Exceptional picnic lunches on hiking days
• Wine tastings
• Visit to La Fiera Italian festival in Myrtleford
• Comprehensive pre-trip information
Your Health and Safety
- Explore the High Country with two expert guides
- Enjoy an exclusive foraging day and cooking class with well-known Italian chef
- Experience the fabulous autumn colours in Bright
Shortest/Longest Day 3km/13km
We walk on well-graded tracks in hilly terrain, so sturdy walking boots, with good ankle support, are recommended. Walking poles would be an advantage, especially on steeper sections.
The weather in May has generally mild days but chilly evenings (max 16, min 5), so be prepared for varied conditions. On Mount Buffalo the weather is cooler and can change suddenly so have suitable warm layers and waterproof clothing.
We stay all four nights at The Colonial Motor Inn, luxury contemporary accommodation in the heart of the bustling country town of Bright.